Sadly, my skincare routine has been non-existent for years. I usually only get facial breakouts when I’m stressed, so creating a consistent routine for my skincare has become an afterthought. The only thing that I make sure to do every night is to use facial wipes to clean off my makeup. On a really good day, I use African soap as a cleanser. Since I am in my 30’s now, I figured that properly caring for my skin is something I need to add to my list of things to “get better about doing”.
In an attempt to step my skin care game up I gladly accepted when Alikay Naturals asked me if I would like to try their Dead Sea Mud Mask. I love using Alikay Naturals products because they use natural and organic ingredients. One thing I specifically liked about this mask is that it is not limited to only being used on your face, but can also be used as a body mask.
Description of Alikay Naturals Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask
The Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask will Hydrate and rejuvenate your skin with a premium all-natural mud mask imported directly from the Dead Sea of Israel and Jordan. Its anti-aging properties are famous for tightening skin and pores, increasing skin elasticity, detoxifying and cleansing skin while nourishing and moisturizing it to keep you looking young and fresh!
I have created a habit of really taking the time to read the labels of my food products, BUT I have not done the same thing with my skincare products. I need to constantly remind myself that the ingredients in our skincare products are just as important as the ones in our food. Even though I am unsure of the percentage, there are some ingredients that we apply to our bodies that are at risk of being absorbed into our bloodstream. So when you consider that, using ingredients that are beneficial to our skin become a priority. The Dead Sea Facial Mask has several beneficial ingredients, and I will list a few below.
- Dead Sea Mud effectively removes harmful toxins and dangerous pollutants from pores in the skin. It also stimulates the flow of nutrients to all skin layers.
- Aloe Vera acts as a protective layer on the skin to help replenish, moisture and heal wounds. It also contains antioxidants to keep skin hydrated.
- Vitamin E is rich in antioxidants to keep skin clear and healthy. It protects against UV radiation, anti-aging properties, maintains skin oil balance and reduces the appearance of scars.
Dead Sea Mud, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Extract), Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
1. Start with a clean face.
2. Apply a thin to medium layer to the face being sure to avoid the eye area.
3. Let dry on face for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water and gently rub face in a circular motion to exfoliate.
4. Gently pat dry and follow with a light moisturizer (optional).
Skin Tip: Recommended frequency is once per week. Can also be used as a body mask.
I plan on continuing to use the Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask once a week and becoming consistent in cleaning my face with a cleanser daily. What products do you use in your skincare routine?